Sunday, November 8, 2015

NaNo2015 Update from 8 days in

There were plans. As a 60/40 pantser: there were plans. I swear there were. Especially around blogging this year.

And then POOF. Time. Life. Demands beyond belief.

When I tell you that my health is taking a dive here, you might want to believe it. The phone call to my personal physician is also on "the list" for December.

But I'm on schedule to finish 60,000 words 11/30. I'm working on 2 short stories at the same time, which is useful when I'm struggling with one scene, I can pop over to the other story and write in information I feel necessary so I can think about something else for a little while.

But I forage on. One day, I'd like to be someone who tries to get 50,000 in over 2 days or something. As it is, I'm about 2000 words in a dedicated hour. Something that I thought would be easier.

I love NaNoWriMo, if nothing else, to remind me to focus, and drown out all the issues that plague me and worry me because my writing is really soothing in the end. That's why I started blogging. That's why I started writing through NaNoWriMo.

I love to write. I will continue to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment