The thing that frustrates me the most about non-fiction is the amount of detail that needs to happen. With fiction, of course, as an author, "Well that was explored, but not important to ultimate outcome." But with non-fiction, if a little hair is out of place, it's questionable.
I've spent the last week fixing errors after error that were minor. And the things that should have been minor that exploded into reformatting.
What have I learned?
1) Apparently with my multi-platform set up, I can only handle 240 pages total. Anything beyond that, and the document dies.
2) My thoughts for the History set up is going to change a little because of this lesson. In addition, History will be approached with different purpose.
3) Early complaints about the new book included, "It looks like busy work" And unfortunately, yes, busy work does have a purpose in Education. And busy work can lead to some other things. I will defend later. I apologize for being vague, I'm really tired of trying to stand on this leg of defense of busy work.
4) I _really_ hope that this is the last update. I'm glad I've been vigilant in fixing the errors, it'll look better long term. But otherwise, I'm at the desperate "please let it be done" of the design and finishing.