So as I work through new projects to engage my students at work, I'm still a designer.
- Are there too many words on the page?
- Did I call attention to the important details?
- Does the font lend itself to easy reading?
- Is the spacing right?
- How many different ideas am I presenting?
- What are the new words that my student needs to learn?
- (and perhaps the most important question of all) How do I get my student to even care?
And there are good days and bad days. The nice thing is, kids are brutally honest. I will know quickly if they aren't going to be successful at what I have tried to provide.
Bottom line: Project Alpha Volume 3 is being piloted. So far, working well. Need more pictures, need vocabulary highlighted, and now to start ways of assessing if the students totally engaged in the lessons.