Sunday, April 28, 2013

Things that influence a writer

I can really get lost sometimes in one tiny aspect of a story line. I think that is most true with "Sheltered Hearts".

I haven't heard any reviews yet, there are only two copies out there in public, but I'm certain, they'll be moving soon.

One of the things I did differently for "Sheltered Hearts" was to develop a sound track for all things related to the book.

In the past, with other stories, I have used songs to do specific chapters or "movements" of my story. by using the music for the full story instead of things I'd like to do or say with the characters, I think I was able to provide a way out as I wrote. I could find conclusions for things that needed to be addressed in the plot and forge relationships around the character.

So for "Sheltered Hearts", here is the list I used to help remind me of my characters, moments in their lives, and emotions I wanted to explore as a writer:

Hunter Hayes "Wanted"
The Wallflowers "The Empire In My Mind"
Ryan Cabrera "True"
Reba McEntire "The Greatest Man I Ever Knew"
Glee's version of "Roots Before Branches"
Kenny Loggins "For The First Time"
Kelly Clarkson "Catch My Breath"
Nickleback "Savin' Me"
Hinder "Better Than Me"
Fleetwood Mac "Landslide"

No comments:

Post a Comment