Friday, March 1, 2013

Where have you been?

It has been a wild ride the past few weeks.

My writing has been subjected to the highs and lows of a multiple job schedule. I literally just counted: In my day I deal with literally 4 different jobs in a given day.

So for the next 7 days, I'm 100% immersed in the facts surrounding the U.S. Civil War.

The story? Actually, amazingly: this has NOTHING to do with Project Alpha. It has a lot to do with me opening my mouth and spit balling over two years ago.

In drama club two years ago, it was probably November, the kids asked simply, "What can we do with our season?"

We talked about it, and then someone thought it was a great idea to do something in service for the school. And then a few minutes later, I had pieced a couple of ideas from other parts of the campus and offered up the idea of taking some existing pieces of the Civil War simulators we had and acting them out.

The kids didn't want that. They wrote their own Civil War Script. We did try to produce the show the first year and then it didn't work out.

So we had to do it this year. And here we are, a few bumps away but we've gotten it ready for production.

7 more days and the curtain rises.

And then I can go back to writing as my 3rd job for about 2 weeks before I return to Auditions. For a show that doesn't have anything to do with at least the United States Civil War. But Project Alpha will be in the middle of the Civil War.

No comments:

Post a Comment